Welcome to this weeks healthy recipe! No matter what dietary restrictions you have, this recipe can be modified and easily prepared to meet your needs.
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
2 large organic zucchinis
1 medium organic spaghetti squash
Ground organic turkey
Ground black pepper
Pine nuts (can skip if desired or have a nut allergy)
Avocado oil or virgin olive or coconut oil
Organic parmesan cheese (can skip or substitute for vegan cheese)
Cooking supplies, you will need:
- Frying pan
- Food processor
- Spiralizing kitchen tool
- Bake the spaghetti squash whole in the oven on 425 for 20-40 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork. Remove from the heat, allow to cool for 15 minutes., Cut in half and using a fork, scrape out the center that has seeds and throw them away. Then scrape out the long stringy pieces of the squash into a bowl and set to the side.
- Crack the egg into a bowl, mix in the ground turkey, beef or vegan meat substitute. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder as desired. Using your hands, form your meatballs and place the balls into a lightly greased frying pan. Sautee on medium heat until the center is no longer pink.
- Using a spiraling kitchen tool, twist and shred the zucchini into noodles. Steam the zucchini noodles in water on high on the stovetop for 6-10 minutes and then drain and place the cooked zucchini noodles into the bowl with the spaghetti squash and cover to retain the heat.
- Mix the nuts, lemon juice, and garlic in the food processor and pulse on high until finely chopped. Add the basil and 1-2 teaspoons of the oil and pulse again. Add grated Parmesan cheese and blend for an additional 1 minute. For vegan pesto, simply skip the cheese.
- Plate desired number of noodles onto a plate, top with desired amount of pesto sauce and then add a few meatballs, top with a touch more pesto sauce and an additional sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired. Serve and enjoy!