Let’s face it almost everyone loves pizza!
What a sad world it would be if we could never eat it. I always say, ‘all things in balance’. Well with this recipe you won’t be adding any negative marks on your balance sheet at all! Here’s a guilt free, cheat free, healthy and balanced version of pizza for you to enjoy. It is grain free and gluten free!
1 cup almond meal
1 whole egg
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
Crust Cooking Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch round baking pan with coconut oil.
- Pour crust mixture into pan.
- Press the mixture until there is an even later filling the entire pan.
- Bake for ~30 min.
- Remove from oven and cool for 30 min.
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup pesto
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1/4 clove garlic
3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1 6-8 oz. chicken breast (sliced)
1 red pepper
1/4 head broccoli (~1 handful)
- Squeeze half lemon on chicken.
- Season with pinch of salt.
- Bake chicken breast at 425 degrees for 15-25 min.
- Boil small pot of water. Cut broccoli into pieces and add to boiling water. Cook until tender. Drain and let cool.
- Dice onion, pepper, and garlic.
- Lightly grease a saute pan with remaining coconut oil.
- Place onions, pepper, and mushrooms in pan and cook on medium heat for a few minutes until onions are lightly brown.
- Take crust and cover evenly with 1/2 cup of marinara sauce. Add pesto to the center.
- Add veggies and chicken breast toppings
- Sprinkle cheese evenly and bake at 350 degrees for 20–30 min. until cheese is slightly melted.
- Allow to cool, enjoy!
Recipe makes 9-inch pizza, serves 1-2 people